Electrical Installation - Level 1
Start Date: 6th September 2021
More about the course
Spark your passion with this Electrical Installation introductory course, designed to prepare you for working in the construction industry.
You will learn about wiring, terminals and fabrication techniques, as well as electrical science and technology.
You will be taught by tutors who have years of experience working for national and local companies such as Northern Electricity Board and as self-employed electrical installers.
We offer students the opportunity to gain a CSCS card, allowing you to work on a building site. You will also be encouraged to compete in SkillBuild and inter-college competitions.
- GCSE grade 2 in English and maths
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English and maths
What will I achieve?
On successful completion of this course you will receive Level 1 City & Guilds Diploma in Electrical Installation.
What will I learn?
- Structure of the construction industry
- Safe working practice
- Site preparation working in construction industry
- Electrical wiring and termination
- Environmental sustainability measuring domestic dwelling
- Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Electrical science and technology
How is the course taught?
- Practical sessions
- Theory sessions.
- Demonstrations from industry
- Classroom activity
- Group work
- Work placements or work trials
How am I assessed?
- Practical synoptic end tests
- Online and written paper exams
Work experience opportunities
Students studying electrical installation benefit from opportunities to work on live projects and undertake charity work where possible.
English and Maths
We ensure all of our students have the opportunity to enhance their skills and we embed English and maths throughout the course. For example you will study algebra and variable equations to help you understand circuit design.
Where can I progress?
On successful completion you will be able to progress onto Level 2 Electrical Installation or another construction course at Level 1.
If you are aged 16-18 when you begin your course you are likely to be eligible for free tuition. Detailed information can be found within the financial support section.
If you are aged 19+ the cost of the course will depend on your circumstances. Our support pages can help you determine your suitability.