Floorers and Wall Tilers
Floorers and wall tilers lay composition mixtures (other than mastic asphalt) to form flooring, plan, fit and secure carpet, underlay and linoleum and cover and decorate walls and floors with terrazzo and granolithic mixtures, tiles and mosaic panels.
New workers start around £18,264. Normal pay is £24,499 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £33,200.
- Mixes cement screed or other adhesive, cuts and positions floor and wall tiles and checks alignment of tiling with spirit level.
- Finishes covering by rolling, smoothing, grouting or polishing.
- Examines premises to plan suitable layout and cuts, lays and secures underlay, carpet and linoleum.
- Cleans floor surface, fixes wooden laying guides and mixes, pours and levels granite and terrazzo mixtures, bitumen, synthetic resin or other composition mixtures to form flooring.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine job requirements.
Skills employers are asking for
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
- Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Learning
Painter and Decorator Apprenticeship
Do you want to brush up your skills and paint a creative and exciting future? If you want to earn while you learn, gain a trade and get into industry, this Painter and Decorator apprenticeship is for you.
Length: 2 years
Start Date: Various
Location: Employer Based