BSc (Hons) Applied Physical Education and Sports Coaching (Top-Up)
Start Date: 9th September 2024
More about the course
This Applied Physical Education and Sports Coaching degree is ideal if you want to go into teaching within a sport setting or into sports coaching.
As a student on this sports coaching course you will become an effective team player, grow your passion for physical education and sports coaching as well as being committed to improving the health and fitness of young people.
This degree has been developed in response to recommendations from industry partners in the sector, such as Newcastle United Foundation, to ensure you study a degree that is relevant to industry and what it needs. Within this degree, you will gain higher level knowledge and cover topics including psychology of sport and concepts of teaching and learning.
Get in touch
What can I do with a qualification in Sport and Exercise?
- Discusses performance problems with coaches, physiotherapists, dieticians and doctors.
- Maintains clothing and other specialised sporting equipment.
- Builds stamina, physical strength and agility through running, fitness exercises and weight training.
- Attends training sessions to develop skills and practice individual or team moves and tactics.
- Participates in exhibitions, pre-qualifying events, tournaments and competitions.
Median Salary£25,204 View more
Sports Coaches, Instructors and Officials
- Manages the playing areas and competitors, starts race, competition or match and controls its progress according to established rules.
- Inspects and maintains specialised clothing and equipment.
- Understands health and safety aspects of various activities and ensures any statutory requirements are met.
- Provides information and develops facilities to encourage greater participation in sport, and to enhance the standards of participants.
- Deals with administrative aspects such as arranging matches, contests or appearances for athlete or team, and organising required transport and accommodation.
- Monitors and analyses technique and performance, and determines how future improvements can be made.
- Controls team selection and discipline and recruits ancillary staff such as coaches or physiotherapists.
- Coaches teams or individuals by demonstrating techniques and directing training and exercise sessions.
Median Salary£25,006 View more
- Understands the health and safety aspects of different forms of exercise and ensures that any statutory requirements are met.
- Plans and monitors personal fitness schedules.
- Ensures that clients do not injure themselves through over exertion or using incorrect training techniques.
- Demonstrates and leads fitness activities and supervises exercise classes.
- Devises programmes of training appropriate to the needs of clients with varying levels of strength, fitness and ability.
- Assesses the fitness levels of clients.