Fitness instructors deliver training in a range of fitness activities, including weight training, yoga, pilates, personal training and other forms of exercise at private health and fitness centres, local authority run sports and leisure centres, other public and community establishments, and in private homes.
New workers start around £17,312. Normal pay is £23,391 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £44,755.
- Understands the health and safety aspects of different forms of exercise and ensures that any statutory requirements are met.
- Plans and monitors personal fitness schedules.
- Ensures that clients do not injure themselves through over exertion or using incorrect training techniques.
- Demonstrates and leads fitness activities and supervises exercise classes.
- Devises programmes of training appropriate to the needs of clients with varying levels of strength, fitness and ability.
- Assesses the fitness levels of clients.
Skills employers are asking for
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
FdSc Physical Education and Sports Coaching
Are you passionate about sport? This degree will help you pursue your passion as a career and gain the skills employers are looking for.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 11th September 2023
Location: Rye Hill Campus