Our Music courses are hands-on, giving you that practical experience to set you apart from the rest. Our facilities will help you to build and establish your skills ready for an exciting career in industry.
During your studies you will have access to 10 recording studios, an in-house record label and our gig space, The Venue, as well as using industry-standard equipment. You'll also learn from industry-experienced tutors and be part of guest lectures from some of the biggest names around.
What can I study?
Get In Touch
What can I do with a Music qualification?
Actors, Entertainers and Presenters
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries.
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements.
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them.
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines.
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation.
Median Salary£33,513 View more
Powered by EMSI
- Auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.
- Scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect.
- Plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra.
- Tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score.
- Conceives and writes original music.
Median Salary£38,203 View more
Powered by EMSI
How can I progress?
Earn while you learn with an apprenticeship at Newcastle College.
Trying to make sense of your grades? Not sure what you can study? Read our handy 'levels explained' guide.
Not sure what you want to study at college? Browse by subject area and we will suggest a range of career options that might suit you!