FdA Live Performance Technical Production
Start Date: 9th September 2024
More about the course
In this two-year, Live Performance Technical Production degree you will develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to become a live event technician. This course has been informed by a team of industry experts which gives you the unique opportunity to study a course with a holistic approach to technician training synthesising systems and processes within live sound and lighting for live events, theatre processes, moving image and video conferencing.
Throughout the course you will practise and refine your technical skills through work-based situations and study in our dedicated music and theatre venues. You will learn how to do written investigations, presentations, observation witness statements, critiques, and workplace documentation, records, policies and procedures in line with industry requirements.
We will challenge you not only in your development of technical knowledge and skills but in your increasing autonomy and industrial confidence as these skills are transferred to new contexts. As an ‘industry integrated’ programme we will provide you the opportunity for industry-based application of skills within a series of internal and external regional music and theatre venues in the Live Across Newcastle season of events. Curated by The Performance Academy in collaboration with a range of regional venues and company partners, this opportunity will ensure your work-readiness as you graduate.
From 2025 this degree will be an approved Higher Technical Qualification quality marked by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Get in touch
What can I do with a qualification in Production Arts
Actors, Entertainers and Presenters
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries.
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements.
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them.
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines.
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation.
Median Salary£33,513 View more
Powered by EMSI
Dancers and Choreographers
- Demonstrates and directs dance moves, monitors and analyses technique and performance, and determines how improvements can be made.
- Participates in dance performance.
- Attends rehearsals to develop and practice dance routines for performance.
- Builds and maintains stamina, physical strength, agility and general health through fitness exercises and healthy eating.