Hair, Beauty and Make-Up
With our Level 2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship, you'll learn techniques such as hair colouring, styling and finishing, as well as the skills you need for meeting and greeting clients.
You'll learn at a business that is the right fit for you and when you're in college you'll be taught by industry-experienced tutors who know the ins and outs of working in the real-world.
If you're looking to earn while you learn, and see yourself as the next Jen Atkin or Nicky Clarke, we can help you start your Hairdressing journey.
Do you want to be a cut above in this exciting and creative industry? On the Hair Professional apprenticeship you will learn skills to carry out this exciting hairdressing salon role.
Length: 2 years
Start Date: Various
Location: Employer Based
Take a look at our
Current Apprenticeship Vacancies
We work with employers across the North East to offer you the latest apprenticeship opportunities!
Find out which employers are currently offering apprenticeships and apply for any of our current vacancies to start earning whilst you learn!View and apply
What can I do with an Hair and Beauty qualification?
Leisure and Sports Managers
- Ensures custody of all cash receipts and organises regular stock checks.
- Recruits, supervises and trains staff.
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.
- Advises on the facilities available and promotes publicity in relation to shows, games, races, new theme parks, etc..
- Keeps abreast of new trends and developments in recreational activities and arranges exhibitions, theatrical productions, concerts, demonstrations etc..
- Ensures that facilities are kept clean and in good condition and that appropriate health and safety requirements are adhered to.
- Organises timetable of activities/schedule of programmes.
Median Salary£31,312 View more
Hairdressing and Beauty Salon Managers and Proprietors
- Ensures financial accounts for the business are maintained.
- Demonstrates, advises on and sells hair and/or beauty products.
- Checks and maintains any equipment, and ensures that all safety requirements are met.
- Undertakes and/or directs hair treatments and/or beauty therapy.
- Ensures clients.
- Provides clients with information and advice on styles and treatments, and resolves any complaints or problems.
- Controls the allocation, training and remuneration of staff.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs.
Median Salary£23,711 View more
Beauticians and Related Occupations
- Maintains client records, sells and advises on cosmetic products and services, and ensures appropriate health and safety issues are addressed.
- Advises clients on diet and exercise to assist in weight loss and slimming.
- Recognises problems and refers clients to medical practitioners if appropriate.
- Performs specialist treatments for conditions such as acne, applies skin rejuvenation therapies.
- Applies make-up to hide blemishes or enhance facial features and advises clients on skin care and make-up techniques.
- Cleans, shapes and polishes finger and toe nails, applies nail extensions.
- Uses waxing, threading, sugaring and other epilation techniques to remove any unwanted body hair.
- Massages scalp, face and other parts of the body and carries out spray tanning.
- Discusses clients requirements, analyses and advises client on appropriate skin care, and applies treatments to the face or body.
Median Salary£18,575 View more
Hairdressers and Barbers
- Demonstrates, sells and recommends hair care products to clients and advises them on hair care.
- Ensures hair products are stored and used appropriately and observes relevant health and safety factors.
- Maintains client records and keeps up-to-date with new products, styles and techniques.
- Collects payment, arranges appointments and cleans and tidies salon.
- Shaves and trims beards and moustaches.
- Combs, brushes, blow-dries or sets wet hair in rollers to style or straighten.
- Cuts and trims hair using scissors, clippers, razor and comb.
- Washes, conditions, bleaches, tints or dyes hair and provides any necessary basic scalp treatments.
- Discusses customer requirements, analyses hair condition and other relevant features to define and advise on hair style.
Median Salary£17,506 View more
Sign Up Now
Get in touch to learn more about apprenticeships at Newcastle College.