Hairdressing and Beauty Salon Managers and Proprietors
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hairdressing salons, beauty treatment and similar establishments.
New workers start around £15,281. Normal pay is £23,711 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £42,270.
- Ensures financial accounts for the business are maintained.
- Demonstrates, advises on and sells hair and/or beauty products.
- Checks and maintains any equipment, and ensures that all safety requirements are met.
- Undertakes and/or directs hair treatments and/or beauty therapy.
- Ensures clients.
- Provides clients with information and advice on styles and treatments, and resolves any complaints or problems.
- Controls the allocation, training and remuneration of staff.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs.
Skills employers are asking for
- Learning Strategies
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
Do you want to be a cut above in this exciting and creative industry? On the Hair Professional apprenticeship you will learn skills to carry out this exciting hairdressing salon role.
Length: 2 years
Start Date: Various
Location: Employer Based
If you want to learn how to perform advanced cosmetic procedures and find out more about management in the beauty industry, look no further than this degree, developed in partnership with the beauty industry.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 11th September 2023
Location: Rye Hill Campus