MA Creative and Professional Practice (Visual Arts)
Start Date: 12th September 2022
More about the course
The newly developed MA in Creative and Professional Practice (Visual Arts) programme is an exciting programme which has been designed in consultation with a steering group of regional and national art-based practitioners covering a variety of specialisms.
This innovative MA programme will challenge you not only in your range of knowledge and skills but through increasing autonomy and industrial confidence too. You will tap into a range of creative industry employers and arts practitioners from visiting speakers covering disciplines such as fashion, textiles, visual communication, photography, 3D and spatial design.
The course is designed as an extended one-year full-time programme (12 months) for visual arts practitioners who want to increase their professional profile and industry processes exploring work-related and enterprising avenues
Get In Touch
What can I do with a qualification in Visual Arts?
- Produces or oversees creation of the final product.
- Liaises with other parts of the production team to ensure graphic design fits with other elements, processes and timescales.
- Prepares specification and instructions for realisation of the project.
- Prepares sketches, scale drawings, models, colour schemes and other mock-ups to show clients and discusses any required alterations.
- Undertakes research into project, considers previous related projects and compares costs of using different processes.
- Liaises with client to clarify aims of project brief, discusses media, software and technology to be used, establishes timetable for project and defines budgetary constraints.
Median Salary£28,115 View more
Web design and development professionals
- Activates the 'live' website.
- Tests website interaction and performance prior to going 'live'.
- Writes and publishes content for the website.
- Establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery.
- Designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems.
- Develops the website and applications.
- Designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access.
- Presents design options to the client.
- Liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website.
Median Salary£33,689 View more
Textiles, Garments and Related Trades n.e.c.
- Performs other tasks not elsewhere classified, for example, forms mounts for wigs, makes buttons, shapes hat brims, and staples seams of industrial gloves.
- Shapes and steams fabric into hats or hoods and gives final shape to fibre helmets and felt hats.
- Examines sketches and draws out patterns for the manufacture of garments and upholstery.
- Fills and stuffs cushions, quilts, soft toys and furniture.
- Marks out, cuts and sews corsets, light clothing and hoods and aprons and makes and repairs sails, boat covers and other canvas goods.
Median Salary£19,744 View more
Journalists, Newspaper and Periodical Editors
- Liaises with production staff in checking final proof copies immediately prior to printing.
- Selects material for broadcast or publication, checks style, grammar, accuracy and legality of content and arranges for any necessary revisions.
- Writes articles and features and submits draft manuscripts to newspaper, magazine, periodical or programme editor.
- Determines subject matter and undertakes research by interviewing, attending public events, seeking out records, reviewing written work, attending film and stage performances etc..