Textiles, Garments and Related Trades n.e.c.
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of textiles and related craft occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 541: Textiles and Garments Trades.
New workers start around £15,734. Normal pay is £19,744 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £30,421.
- Performs other tasks not elsewhere classified, for example, forms mounts for wigs, makes buttons, shapes hat brims, and staples seams of industrial gloves.
- Shapes and steams fabric into hats or hoods and gives final shape to fibre helmets and felt hats.
- Examines sketches and draws out patterns for the manufacture of garments and upholstery.
- Fills and stuffs cushions, quilts, soft toys and furniture.
- Marks out, cuts and sews corsets, light clothing and hoods and aprons and makes and repairs sails, boat covers and other canvas goods.
FdA Fashion Retail and Enterprise
If you're looking for a career in the fast-paced fashion world, the FdA Fashion Retail and Enterprise degree is for you.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 11th September 2023
Location: Rye Hill Campus