Textiles, Garments and Related Trades n.e.c.
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of textiles and related craft occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 541: Textiles and Garments Trades.
New workers start around £15,734. Normal pay is £19,744 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £30,421.
- Performs other tasks not elsewhere classified, for example, forms mounts for wigs, makes buttons, shapes hat brims, and staples seams of industrial gloves.
- Shapes and steams fabric into hats or hoods and gives final shape to fibre helmets and felt hats.
- Examines sketches and draws out patterns for the manufacture of garments and upholstery.
- Fills and stuffs cushions, quilts, soft toys and furniture.
- Marks out, cuts and sews corsets, light clothing and hoods and aprons and makes and repairs sails, boat covers and other canvas goods.