Private Accommodation

Private lettings

Accommodation which is not purpose built for students and where students live in furnished flats or houses is called private accommodation. Newcastle College does not carry out any checks on private accommodation and students and parents or guardians need to satisfy themselves that the accommodation is acceptable.

Newcastle College are not able to arrange viewings with private landlords and we cannot enquire with private lettings companies on your behalf. We can advise on how to make contact with private lettings companies in the city and we can give you some useful tips on how to approach this kind of accommodation option.

Phone landlords and make appointments to view properties. You should take details of many addresses as by the time you get to see them, some will have already gone and others may not be very good. Visit landlords and inspect properties. If the current students are still in occupation, ask if it is alright to have a look around. Most students will not mind. Ask the current occupants about any practical problems they may have had.

We recommend that you take a friend with you on all viewings and that you do not accept any property until you have inspected it.

If you think privately let accommodation is the option for you and you would like further information regarding letting agents in the city please contact the International Office:

Newcastle College International Office is offering private accommodation service based on information supplied by third parties and on the strict understanding that neither Newcastle College International Office nor any of its employees will incur any liability to any person whether in tort, contract or otherwise, should such information be incorrect.