FdA Musical Theatre
Start Date: 9th September 2024
More about the course
Be a part of the greatest show and combine dancing, singing and acting in this highly practical, industry-integrated Musical Theatre degree. Train to be a 'triple threat' and develop your talents and practical skills in line with West End productions. Alongside theory and academic studies of the musical theatre industry, you will take part in intensive, performance-based classes, developing skills for the stage in pathways designed for directors, lyricists and choreographers. Learning from highly experienced and well-connected tutors, you will also learn a range of audition techniques, work on your solo repertoire and be given the opportunity to audition in-house for a number of regional and London based theatre schools.
Get In Touch
What can I do with a qualification in Performing Arts?
Actors, Entertainers and Presenters
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries.
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements.
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them.
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines.
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation.
Median Salary£33,513 View more
Powered by EMSI
Dancers and Choreographers
- Demonstrates and directs dance moves, monitors and analyses technique and performance, and determines how improvements can be made.
- Participates in dance performance.
- Attends rehearsals to develop and practice dance routines for performance.
- Builds and maintains stamina, physical strength, agility and general health through fitness exercises and healthy eating.