Performance & Production Arts
Our degrees are all about providing you with a creative and collaborative community of like-minded peers. You will study in our state-of-the-art Performance Academy to hone your craft and learn from tutors who will bring their industry experience and in-depth knowledge of life on stage, in front of the camera and behind the scenes.
Our alumni have gone on to have fulfilling and successful careers with some of the biggest names in industry, furthering their training at top drama schools like Arts Educational and Italia Conti. You will be joining an array of artists, performers and stage managers who have tread the boards before you, showcasing the very best talent Newcastle College University Centre has to offer.
What can I study?
Tread the boards and prepare for a career in theatre or on television by combining practical performance training with academic and creative study on our industry-integrated course.
Length: 3 years
Start date: 12th September 2022
Location: Rye Hill Campus
Get In Touch
What can I do with a Performance and Production Arts qualification?
Actors, Entertainers and Presenters
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries.
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements.
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them.
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines.
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation.
Median Salary£33,513 View more
Dancers and Choreographers
- Demonstrates and directs dance moves, monitors and analyses technique and performance, and determines how improvements can be made.
- Participates in dance performance.
- Attends rehearsals to develop and practice dance routines for performance.
- Builds and maintains stamina, physical strength, agility and general health through fitness exercises and healthy eating.
Median Salary£33,148 View more
- Auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.
- Scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect.
- Plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra.
- Tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score.
- Conceives and writes original music.
Median Salary£38,203 View more
Scaffolders, Stagers and Riggers
- Forms rope slings, ladders, netting and other rigging and measures, cuts and repairs wire or fibre rope.
- Erects jib, derrick and similar hoisting equipment and installs ropes, pulleys and other lifting tackle.
- Lays and secures wooden planking to form working platforms and fixes guard rails, ladders, cradles and awnings as required.
- Examines scaffold tubing and couplings for defects and selects, fits and bolts scaffold tubes until scaffolding reaches required height.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine job requirements.
Median Salary£30,815 View more
How can I progress?
Earn while you learn with an Apprenticeship at Newcastle College.
Trying to make sense of your grades? Not sure what you can study? Read our handy 'levels explained' guide.
Not sure what you want to study at college? Browse by subject area and we will suggest a range of career options that might suit you!