College 16 to 18
Taught by industry professionals, you'll have the chance to perform in our performance venue and could even record your own music in our in-house recording studios. Take a look at our courses and start your music career today.
What can I study?
Get In Touch
What can I do with a Music qualification?
- Auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.
- Scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect.
- Plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra.
- Tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score.
- Conceives and writes original music.
Median Salary£38,203 View more
Powered by EMSI
Arts Officers, Producers and Directors
- Selects, contracts, markets and arranges for the presentation and/or distribution of performance, visual and heritage arts.
- Manages health and safety issues.
- Ensures necessary equipment, props, performers and technical staff are on set when required.
- Prepares rehearsal and production schedule for main events, design of sets and costumes, technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
- Breaks script into scenes and formulates a shooting schedule that will be most economical in terms of time, location and sets.
- Directs actors, designers, camera team, sound crew and other production and technical staff to achieve desired effects.
- Chooses writers, scripts, technical staff and performers, and assumes overall responsibility for completion of project on time and within budget.
Median Salary£37,405 View more
Powered by EMSI
How can I progress?
Choose from over 70 degrees developed in collaboration with employers, so you'll graduate with the skills you really need to secure your dream job.
Earn while you learn with an Apprenticeship at Newcastle College.
Trying to make sense of your grades? Not sure what you can study? Read our handy 'levels explained' guide.