College 16 to 18
As a student you will be based in our Automotive Academy, using the latest industry standard equipment to work on Nissan and hybrid vehicles.
Learning under expert teachers, you will explore all areas of the automotive industry, from vehicle maintenance and servicing, to electrical systems, body repair and paint application.
You could have the chance to compete in national skills competitions and you'll join the Academy's annual Industry Week, taking part in practical tasks set by local automotive garages and dealerships.
On completion of an automotive course you'll have the skills you need to work in garages, workshops or dealerships.
What can I study?
Do you have an interest in cars? Are you keen to learn how to repair and fix vehicles? This Vehicle Accident Repair course is the perfect step to landing your dream job.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 2nd September 2024
Location: Automotive Academy
Get In Touch
What can I do with an Automotive qualification?
Vehicle technicians, mechanics and electricians
- Repairs and services air conditioning, heating and engine-cooling systems.
- Installs additional electrical amenities such as radio/CD players, aerials.
- Checks condition of electrical/electronic systems and carries out servicing tasks.
- Diagnoses faults in electrical/electronic circuitry, removes faulty components and fits replacements.
- Carries out routine maintenance checks on oil and air filters, brakes and other vehicle parts/systems.
- Reassembles, tests, adjusts and tunes the appropriate parts, systems or entire engine.
- Removes, dismantles, repairs and replaces defective parts and prepares new parts using appropriate tools.
- Visually checks, test drives or uses test equipment to diagnose engine and mechanical faults.
Median Salary£25,953 View more
Powered by EMSI
Vehicle and Parts Salespersons and Advisers
- Orders new supplies, arranges storage and updates stock records.
- Organises delivery of parts and handles payment.
- Obtains parts from store or orders from suppliers.
- Receives orders for parts by phone, email or in person and checks availability on stock record.
- Updates stock record, orders new vehicles from manufacturer, buys in used cars.
- Carries out pre-delivery inspection and formal hand-over of vehicle to customer.
- Negotiates sale price including any ‘trade-in’ and extra accessories, works out finance arrangements and completes sales paperwork.
- Discusses customer.
Median Salary£21,849 View more
Powered by EMSI
How can I progress?
Choose from over 60 degrees developed in collaboration with employers, so you'll graduate with the skills you really need to secure your dream job.
Trying to make sense of your grades? Not sure what you can study? Read our handy 'levels explained' guide.
Earn while you learn with an apprenticeship at Newcastle College.