Vehicle and Parts Salespersons and Advisers
Vehicle and parts salespersons and advisers sell new and used vehicles to the general public, and vehicle accessories and parts to garages, vehicle dealerships and the general public.
New workers start around £18,326. Normal pay is £21,849 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £31,152.
- Orders new supplies, arranges storage and updates stock records.
- Organises delivery of parts and handles payment.
- Obtains parts from store or orders from suppliers.
- Receives orders for parts by phone, email or in person and checks availability on stock record.
- Updates stock record, orders new vehicles from manufacturer, buys in used cars.
- Carries out pre-delivery inspection and formal hand-over of vehicle to customer.
- Negotiates sale price including any ‘trade-in’ and extra accessories, works out finance arrangements and completes sales paperwork.
- Discusses customer.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies
Looking for a way to earn as you learn while gaining skills in automotive principles? Study an Automotive Apprenticeship!
Length: 3 years
Start Date: Various
Location: Employer Based