Vehicle technicians, mechanics and electricians
Vehicle technicians, mechanics and electricians accept calls for help and repair and service the mechanical parts and electrical/electronic circuitry and components of cars, lorries, buses, motorcycles and other motor vehicles, and repair and service auto air-conditioning systems.
New workers start around £16,792. Normal pay is £25,953 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £37,639.
- Repairs and services air conditioning, heating and engine-cooling systems.
- Installs additional electrical amenities such as radio/CD players, aerials.
- Checks condition of electrical/electronic systems and carries out servicing tasks.
- Diagnoses faults in electrical/electronic circuitry, removes faulty components and fits replacements.
- Carries out routine maintenance checks on oil and air filters, brakes and other vehicle parts/systems.
- Reassembles, tests, adjusts and tunes the appropriate parts, systems or entire engine.
- Removes, dismantles, repairs and replaces defective parts and prepares new parts using appropriate tools.
- Visually checks, test drives or uses test equipment to diagnose engine and mechanical faults.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Learning
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies
- Active Listening
Looking for a way to earn as you learn while gaining skills in automotive principles? Study an Automotive Apprenticeship!
Length: 3 years
Start date: 5th September 2022
Location: Employer Based