BA (Hons) Acting for Stage and Screen
Start Date: 9th September 2024
More about the course
Tread the boards and prepare for a career in theatre or on television by combining practical performance training with academic and creative study on our industry-integrated course. Whether you wish to perform, write or direct, this Acting for Stage and Screen degree will help build your knowledge, your technique and your contacts. Perform at venues both on and off-campus and attend workshops from actors, directors and companies. Based at the Performance Academy, a centre for acting performance, you will experience such diverse opportunities as joining a classical acting group, taking part in comedy nights and attending script labs to help develop your work. Benefit from strong links and opportunities to gain placements at companies such as Northern Stage, Alphabetti Theatre, Live Theatre and The Royal Shakespeare Company.
Get In Touch
What can I do with a qualification in Performing Arts?
Actors, Entertainers and Presenters
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries.
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements.
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them.
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines.
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation.
Median Salary£33,513 View more
Powered by EMSI
Dancers and Choreographers
- Demonstrates and directs dance moves, monitors and analyses technique and performance, and determines how improvements can be made.
- Participates in dance performance.
- Attends rehearsals to develop and practice dance routines for performance.
- Builds and maintains stamina, physical strength, agility and general health through fitness exercises and healthy eating.