Start Date: 9th September 2024
More about the course
This intensive one year practical dance course, is designed by professional dance practitioners to introduce you to a range of dance techniques, skills and knowledge to progress onto further training to become a performer, choreographer or teacher.
Through continuous technical training in contemporary, ballet, jazz, urban and commercial techniques, as well as a series of creative and performance collaborative projects led by expert teachers, professional choreographers and external dance companies, you will be encouraged to explore a variety of dance processes and movement styles to become a versatile performer.
Underpinned with knowledge of the body, nutrition, composition and safe working practices, you will be given the opportunity to explore a variety of potential career / further study pathways. Successful completion of this course leads directly into the second year of our BA (Hons) Dance programme.
Get in touch
What can I do with a qualification in Performing Arts?
Arts Officers, Producers and Directors
- Selects, contracts, markets and arranges for the presentation and/or distribution of performance, visual and heritage arts.
- Manages health and safety issues.
- Ensures necessary equipment, props, performers and technical staff are on set when required.
- Prepares rehearsal and production schedule for main events, design of sets and costumes, technical rehearsals and dress rehearsals.
- Breaks script into scenes and formulates a shooting schedule that will be most economical in terms of time, location and sets.
- Directs actors, designers, camera team, sound crew and other production and technical staff to achieve desired effects.
- Chooses writers, scripts, technical staff and performers, and assumes overall responsibility for completion of project on time and within budget.
Median Salary£37,405 View more
Powered by EMSI
Dancers and Choreographers
- Demonstrates and directs dance moves, monitors and analyses technique and performance, and determines how improvements can be made.
- Participates in dance performance.
- Attends rehearsals to develop and practice dance routines for performance.
- Builds and maintains stamina, physical strength, agility and general health through fitness exercises and healthy eating.