BA (Hons) Dance
Start Date: 9th September 2024
More about the course
Designed by professional dance practitioners, this degree combines training and performance with creative and academic workshops to help you develop the skills you need to become a versatile performer, choreographer or teacher.
Based in our Performance Academy, a regional centre for dance and performance, you will develop your technical skills and explore a range of dance techniques and styles, with continuous training in contemporary, ballet, jazz and urban. Working in a simulated dance company environment, you will learn from course tutors with extensive dance experience and engage with industry to grow your technical, performance and creative skills as well as your leadership abilities.
Get In Touch
What can I do with a qualification in Performing Arts?
Actors, Entertainers and Presenters
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries.
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements.
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them.
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines.
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation.
Median Salary£33,513 View more
Powered by EMSI
Dancers and Choreographers
- Demonstrates and directs dance moves, monitors and analyses technique and performance, and determines how improvements can be made.
- Participates in dance performance.
- Attends rehearsals to develop and practice dance routines for performance.
- Builds and maintains stamina, physical strength, agility and general health through fitness exercises and healthy eating.