As one of only ten Centres of Excellence for teacher training in the country, we can provide you with unrivalled experience within the post-compulsory education sector. Our mission is to transform the education sector with the next generation of inspirational educators.
We offer a range of full-time and part-time courses for people who are passionate about beginning a career in education. We offer introductory courses alongside undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications for teachers. We also provide qualifications to teach English as a foreign language or work as a qualified invigilator. If you want to inspire the next generation, we want to hear from you.
What can I do with a qualification in Teaching?
Speech and language therapists
- Writes reports and maintains client caseloads.
- Counsels relatives to help cope with the problems created by a patient.
- Attends case conferences and liaises with other specialists such as doctors, teachers, social workers and psychologists.
- Treats speech and language disorders by coaching and counselling clients or through the use of artificial communication devices.
- Designs and initiates appropriate rehabilitation and/or remedial programmes of treatment.
- Assesses, tests and diagnoses a client.
Median Salary£35,668 View more
Special needs education teaching professionals
- Discusses student.
- Updates and maintains students.
- Liaises with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists and educational psychologists.
- Supervises students in classroom and maintains discipline.
- Prepares, assigns and corrects exercises to record and evaluate students progress.
- Encourages the student to develop self-help skills to circumvent the limitations imposed by their disability.
- Develops and adapts conventional teaching methods to meet the individual student.
- Gives instruction, using techniques appropriate to the student.
- Assesses student.
- Creates a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment for students.
Median Salary£43,982 View more
Authors, writers and translators
- Provides communication support for the hard of hearing or the visually impaired.
- Converts documents or spoken statements from original or source language into another language.
- Writes instruction manuals and user guides, technical reports, catalogues and indexes, prepares sales literature and writes technical articles for trade journals.
- Negotiates contracts with freelance agents and with buyer on behalf of writer.
- Selects material for publication, checks style, grammar and accuracy of content, arranges for any necessary revisions and checks proof copies before printing.
- Generates and develops creative ideas for literary material.
- Determines subject matter and researches as necessary by interviewing, attending public events, seeking out records, observing etc..
Median Salary£31,912 View more
Educational support assistants
- Provides feedback to teachers and completes and maintains records.
- Attends to child.
- Helps and encourages child to communicate.
- Implements care programmes, as appropriate.
- Identifies signs of distress and offers reassurance.
- Helps child understand instruction through a variety of means and encourages self-confidence and independence.
- Supports schoolwork under teacher.
Median Salary£20,536 View more
Houseparents and residential wardens
- Keeps records and writes reports.
- Maintains contact and discusses problems/progress with other staff and social workers.
- Establishes and maintains contact with members of the neighbouring community and/or the residents.
- Provides one-to-one counselling or group therapy.
- Ensures that all material needs of residents are provided and endeavours to resolve any problems that they may have.
- Plans and participates in games and leisure activities to encourage emotional, social, physical and intellectual development.
- Creates friendly, secure atmosphere and tries to gain the trust and confidence of those in the home or under supervision.
Median Salary£24,195 View more
- Supervises and accompanies children who are taking part in a theatrical, television or film production.
- Communicates with colleagues and maintains accurate records.
- Supervises contact between parents and separated children.
- Organises toilet and meal stops, as appropriate.
- Supports and secures chair bound clients.
- Transports clients safely and securely between approved destinations.
Median Salary£19,814 View more
Secondary Education Teaching Professionals
- Assists with or plans and develops curriculum and rota of teaching duties.
- Discusses progress with student, parents and/or other education professionals.
- Supervises teaching assistants and trainees.
- Undertakes pastoral duties.
- Supervises any practical work and maintains classroom discipline.
- Maintains records of students.
- Prepares students for external examinations and administers and invigilates these examinations.
- Prepares, assigns and corrects exercises and examinations to record and evaluate students.
- Prepares and delivers courses and lessons in accordance with curriculum requirements and teaches one or more subjects.
Median Salary£49,465 View more
Education Advisers and School Inspectors
- Prepares reports on schools concerning teaching standards, educational standards being achieved, the spiritual, moral and social development of pupils, resource management etc.
- Observes teaching, assesses learning level and discusses any apparent faults with teachers, heads of department and head teachers.
- Arranges for the provision of school medical and meals services.
- Verifies that school buildings are adequately maintained.
- Appoints and controls teaching staff.
- Plans and advises on the provision of special schools for children with physical or learning disabilities.
- Advises on all aspects of education and ensures that all statutory educational requirements are being met.
Median Salary£40,125 View more
Teaching and Other Educational Professionals n.e.c.
- Teaches English as a foreign language and assists in the tuition of foreign languages.
- Provides private academic, vocational and other instruction to individuals or groups.
- Co-ordinates the activities of private music and dancing schools, training centres and similar establishments.
- Designs and implements methods of assessing the performance of students, co-ordinates and undertakes the evaluation of assessments and awards grades of merit based upon performance.
Median Salary£34,854 View more
Careers Advisers and Vocational Guidance Specialists
- Monitors progress and welfare of young people in employment and advises them on any difficulties.
- Organises careers forums and exhibitions and establishes and maintains contact with local employers, colleges and training providers.
- Liaises with employers to determine employment opportunities and advises schools, colleges or individuals accordingly.
- Visits educational and other establishments to give talks and distribute information regarding careers.
- Advises on appropriate courses of study or avenues into employment.
- Uses an interview, questionnaire and/or psychological or other test to determine the aptitude, preferences and temperament of the client.