As one of only ten Centres of Excellence for teacher training in the country, we can provide you with unrivalled experience within the post-compulsory education sector. Our mission is to transform the education sector with the next generation of inspirational educators.
We offer a range of full-time and part-time courses for people who are passionate about beginning a career in education. We offer introductory courses alongside undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications for teachers. We also provide qualifications to teach English as a foreign language or work as a qualified invigilator. If you want to inspire the next generation, we want to hear from you.
Teaching at Newcastle College
What can I do with a qualification in Teaching?
- Writes reports and maintains client caseloads.
- Counsels relatives to help cope with the problems created by a patient.
- Attends case conferences and liaises with other specialists such as doctors, teachers, social workers and psychologists.
- Treats speech and language disorders by coaching and counselling clients or through the use of artificial communication devices.
- Designs and initiates appropriate rehabilitation and/or remedial programmes of treatment.
- Assesses, tests and diagnoses a client.
Median Salary£35,668 View more
- Discusses student.
- Updates and maintains students.
- Liaises with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists and educational psychologists.
- Supervises students in classroom and maintains discipline.
- Prepares, assigns and corrects exercises to record and evaluate students progress.
- Encourages the student to develop self-help skills to circumvent the limitations imposed by their disability.
- Develops and adapts conventional teaching methods to meet the individual student.
- Gives instruction, using techniques appropriate to the student.
- Assesses student.
- Creates a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment for students.
Median Salary£43,982 View more
- Provides communication support for the hard of hearing or the visually impaired.
- Converts documents or spoken statements from original or source language into another language.
- Writes instruction manuals and user guides, technical reports, catalogues and indexes, prepares sales literature and writes technical articles for trade journals.
- Negotiates contracts with freelance agents and with buyer on behalf of writer.
- Selects material for publication, checks style, grammar and accuracy of content, arranges for any necessary revisions and checks proof copies before printing.
- Generates and develops creative ideas for literary material.
- Determines subject matter and researches as necessary by interviewing, attending public events, seeking out records, observing etc..
Median Salary£31,912 View more
- Provides feedback to teachers and completes and maintains records.
- Attends to child.
- Helps and encourages child to communicate.
- Implements care programmes, as appropriate.
- Identifies signs of distress and offers reassurance.
- Helps child understand instruction through a variety of means and encourages self-confidence and independence.
- Supports schoolwork under teacher.
Median Salary£20,536 View more
- Keeps records and writes reports.
- Maintains contact and discusses problems/progress with other staff and social workers.
- Establishes and maintains contact with members of the neighbouring community and/or the residents.
- Provides one-to-one counselling or group therapy.
- Ensures that all material needs of residents are provided and endeavours to resolve any problems that they may have.
- Plans and participates in games and leisure activities to encourage emotional, social, physical and intellectual development.
- Creates friendly, secure atmosphere and tries to gain the trust and confidence of those in the home or under supervision.
Median Salary£24,195 View more
- Supervises and accompanies children who are taking part in a theatrical, television or film production.
- Communicates with colleagues and maintains accurate records.
- Supervises contact between parents and separated children.
- Organises toilet and meal stops, as appropriate.
- Supports and secures chair bound clients.
- Transports clients safely and securely between approved destinations.
Median Salary£19,814 View more
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables.
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students.
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials.
Median Salary£42,348 View more
- Assists with or plans and develops curriculum and rota of teaching duties.
- Discusses progress with student, parents and/or other education professionals.
- Supervises teaching assistants and trainees.
- Undertakes pastoral duties.
- Supervises any practical work and maintains classroom discipline.
- Maintains records of students.
- Prepares students for external examinations and administers and invigilates these examinations.
- Prepares, assigns and corrects exercises and examinations to record and evaluate students.
- Prepares and delivers courses and lessons in accordance with curriculum requirements and teaches one or more subjects.
Median Salary£49,465 View more
- Prepares reports on schools concerning teaching standards, educational standards being achieved, the spiritual, moral and social development of pupils, resource management etc.
- Observes teaching, assesses learning level and discusses any apparent faults with teachers, heads of department and head teachers.
- Arranges for the provision of school medical and meals services.
- Verifies that school buildings are adequately maintained.
- Appoints and controls teaching staff.
- Plans and advises on the provision of special schools for children with physical or learning disabilities.
- Advises on all aspects of education and ensures that all statutory educational requirements are being met.
Median Salary£40,125 View more
- Teaches English as a foreign language and assists in the tuition of foreign languages.
- Provides private academic, vocational and other instruction to individuals or groups.
- Co-ordinates the activities of private music and dancing schools, training centres and similar establishments.
- Designs and implements methods of assessing the performance of students, co-ordinates and undertakes the evaluation of assessments and awards grades of merit based upon performance.
Median Salary£34,854 View more
Meet Our Tutors
Lisa FernandesCourse Leader - Education
"Equal access to education is something that has always motivated me to be the best I can. Teaching has always been a passion of mine and seeing students on their placements improving time after time is really rewarding. Graduation is just the icing on the cake!"
Get In Touch
do you want to...
Unlock the potential of your workforce?
Understand more about apprenticeships?
Find out about events and bespoke training solutions?