BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance
Start Date: 12th September 2022
More about the course
Thinking about studying a music degree? Want to specialise in popular and modern music?
This BMus (Hons) Popular Music Performance degree will help you develop as a live or studio performer, session musician, composer or songwriter. As a student you will gain a deep knowledge of music and will cover topics like Studio Performance and Production, Digital Media and Promotion.
You’ll join our vibrant, creative community where you will have the chance to collaborate with like-minded students to host gigs, develop your own music and produce videos.
Get In Touch
What can I do with a qualification in Music?
Actors, Entertainers and Presenters
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries.
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements.
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them.
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines.
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation.
Median Salary£33,513 View more
Powered by EMSI
- Auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.
- Scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect.
- Plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra.
- Tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score.
- Conceives and writes original music.