Ofsted Report 2016: Learners with High Needs
Throughout the categories, Ofsted found that Newcastle College’s provision for learners with high needs was good.
They also found that the provision for 16-19-year-old learners and adult learners was of a good standard.
Our Ofsted Reports
• The College successfully enable many learners to live more independently.
• The large majority of learners make good progress during sessions, with attendance and punctuality being good.
• Learners participate well in their personalised learning programmes.
• Staff provide highly effective care and support, working well with health and social care partners, parents and guardians.
• Managers have been highly efficient in re-aligning the curriculum to local priorities. The recently opened Autism Academy provides a wide range of programmes and facilities to help young learners to achieve their goals, develop confidence and independence and to manage behaviour and anxieties.
• Learners with high needs progress well through a good range of vocational pathways, and the large majority develop knowledge of their industry well and gain useful practical skills. Many teachers promote understanding of diversity well.
• Learners are safe and feel safe.