Newcastle College Digital Arts is home to some of the finest up-and-coming creative talent in the North East. Through strong industry links and work-based learning we prepare our students for careers in photography, animation, graphic design, film and TV. We offer courses at all levels from 16-18 college, to undergraduate and part-time.
Ideas are brought to life in our state-of-the-art television and design studios. With a focus on the cutting edge, students learn how to tell captivating stories through visual media. Our alumni include Barbour photographer Dave Foster, CEO of Midas Retouching Mark Francis, BBC Executive Producer Helen Spencer, The Corner London Creative Director Jordan Brown, Ogilvy Chief Copywriter Marcus Gibb, Iris creative directors Joe Goiceccia and Charlie Warcup and renowned Sports photographer Lee Smith of Reuters and Action Images. If you're a creative person with a passion for storytelling and design, this is the place for you!
What can I do with a qualification in Digital Arts?
Advertising and public relations directors
- Directs the arranging of conferences, exhibitions, seminars, etc. to promote the image of a product, service or organisation.
- Stays abreast of changes in media, readership or viewing figures and advertising rates.
- Reviews and revises campaign strategy in light of sales figures, surveys, etc. and takes appropriate corrective measures if necessary.
- Conceives advertising campaign to impart the desired product image in an effective and economical way.
- Defines target group and implements strategy through appropriate media planning work.
- Liaises with client to discuss product/service to be marketed and develops the most appropriate strategy to deliver the objectives.
Median Salary£59,250 View more
Powered by EMSI
Journalists, Newspaper and Periodical Editors
- Liaises with production staff in checking final proof copies immediately prior to printing.
- Selects material for broadcast or publication, checks style, grammar, accuracy and legality of content and arranges for any necessary revisions.
- Writes articles and features and submits draft manuscripts to newspaper, magazine, periodical or programme editor.
- Determines subject matter and undertakes research by interviewing, attending public events, seeking out records, reviewing written work, attending film and stage performances etc..