Passionate about technical innovation, we work with leading industry tech organisations like Accenture, Dynamo, Bede Gaming, DXC, NBS, Waterstons and Digital Union to develop innovative courses fit for industry demand. Based in the North East, one of the UK's fastest growing tech sectors, we offer a range of courses and apprenticeships for all levels in subject areas like game design, IT, digital marketing, cyber security and networking.
Our fast-paced tech community offers students a safe space to explore ideas, develop skills and work on fun projects with like-minded people. We offer client-based opportunities and teach using industry-standard software and technology, which allows our students the chance to gain an employment edge while studying their course. If you are a bright spark who loves to work with computers and technology, you belong with us.
What can I do with a qualification in Computing?
Marketing and sales directors
- Produces and/or assesses reports and recommendations concerning marketing and sales strategies.
- Controls the recruitment and training of staff.
- Examines and analyses sales figures, advises on and monitors marketing campaigns and promotional activities.
- Discusses employer.
- Liaises with other senior staff to determine the range of goods or services to be sold.
Median Salary£78,034 View more
Advertising and public relations directors
- Directs the arranging of conferences, exhibitions, seminars, etc. to promote the image of a product, service or organisation.
- Stays abreast of changes in media, readership or viewing figures and advertising rates.
- Reviews and revises campaign strategy in light of sales figures, surveys, etc. and takes appropriate corrective measures if necessary.
- Conceives advertising campaign to impart the desired product image in an effective and economical way.
- Defines target group and implements strategy through appropriate media planning work.
- Liaises with client to discuss product/service to be marketed and develops the most appropriate strategy to deliver the objectives.
Median Salary£59,250 View more
Information technology and telecommunications directors
- Ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation.
- Prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects.
- Considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy.
- Develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels.
- Directs the implementation within the organisation of IT/telecommunications strategy, infrastructure, procurement, procedures and standards.
- Develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation.
Median Salary£73,040 View more
IT specialist managers
- Reports on IT activities to senior management.
- Plans and monitors work and maintenance schedules to ensure agreed service levels are achieved.
- Supervises the technical team and coordinates training.
- Takes responsibility for managing the development of a specialist aspect of IT provision such as user support, network operations, service delivery or quality control.
- Liaises with users, senior staff and internal/external clients to clarify IT requirements and development needs.
- Plans, coordinates and manages the organisation.