Passionate about technical innovation, we work with leading industry tech organisations like Accenture, Dynamo, Bede Gaming, DXC, NBS, Waterstons and Digital Union to develop innovative courses fit for industry demand. Based in the North East, one of the UK's fastest growing tech sectors, we offer a range of courses and apprenticeships for all levels in subject areas like game design, IT, digital marketing, cyber security and networking.
Our fast-paced tech community offers students a safe space to explore ideas, develop skills and work on fun projects with like-minded people. We offer client-based opportunities and teach using industry-standard software and technology, which allows our students the chance to gain an employment edge while studying their course. If you are a bright spark who loves to work with computers and technology, you belong with us.
What can I do with a qualification in Computing?
Information technology and telecommunications directors
- Ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation.
- Prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects.
- Considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy.
- Develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels.
- Directs the implementation within the organisation of IT/telecommunications strategy, infrastructure, procurement, procedures and standards.
- Develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation.
Median Salary£73,040 View more
Programmers and software development professionals
- Writes operational documentation and provides subsequent support and training for users.
- Plans and maintains database structures.
- Implements and evaluates the software.
- Writes code for specialist programming for computer games, (for example, artificial intelligence, 3D engine development).
- Tests and corrects software programs.
- Develops user interfaces.
- Writes and codes individual programs according to specifications.
- Undertakes feasibility study to design software solutions.
- Examines existing software and determines requirements for new/modified systems in the light of business needs.
Median Salary£46,711 View more
Web design and development professionals
- Activates the 'live' website.
- Tests website interaction and performance prior to going 'live'.
- Writes and publishes content for the website.
- Establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery.
- Designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems.
- Develops the website and applications.
- Designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access.
- Presents design options to the client.
- Liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website.