Simple Back Massage Workshop
Start Date: Various
More about the course
Whether it's to relieve back pain, or simply for emotional well-being, there's nothing quite like a back massage.
In this half day course, you will be given an introduction to massage therapy and gain basic knowledge of massage therapy. You will learn a simple back massage routine, allowing you to gain an insight into massage therapy and be able to go out and use this in practice.
Get in touch
What can I do with a qualification in Hair and Beauty
Leisure and Sports Managers
- Ensures custody of all cash receipts and organises regular stock checks.
- Recruits, supervises and trains staff.
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.
- Advises on the facilities available and promotes publicity in relation to shows, games, races, new theme parks, etc..
- Keeps abreast of new trends and developments in recreational activities and arranges exhibitions, theatrical productions, concerts, demonstrations etc..
- Ensures that facilities are kept clean and in good condition and that appropriate health and safety requirements are adhered to.
- Organises timetable of activities/schedule of programmes.
Median Salary£31,312 View more
Hairdressing and Beauty Salon Managers and Proprietors
- Ensures financial accounts for the business are maintained.
- Demonstrates, advises on and sells hair and/or beauty products.
- Checks and maintains any equipment, and ensures that all safety requirements are met.
- Undertakes and/or directs hair treatments and/or beauty therapy.
- Ensures clients.
- Provides clients with information and advice on styles and treatments, and resolves any complaints or problems.
- Controls the allocation, training and remuneration of staff.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs.
Median Salary£23,711 View more
Beauticians and Related Occupations
- Maintains client records, sells and advises on cosmetic products and services, and ensures appropriate health and safety issues are addressed.
- Advises clients on diet and exercise to assist in weight loss and slimming.
- Recognises problems and refers clients to medical practitioners if appropriate.
- Performs specialist treatments for conditions such as acne, applies skin rejuvenation therapies.
- Applies make-up to hide blemishes or enhance facial features and advises clients on skin care and make-up techniques.
- Cleans, shapes and polishes finger and toe nails, applies nail extensions.
- Uses waxing, threading, sugaring and other epilation techniques to remove any unwanted body hair.
- Massages scalp, face and other parts of the body and carries out spray tanning.
- Discusses clients requirements, analyses and advises client on appropriate skin care, and applies treatments to the face or body.
Median Salary£18,575 View more
Hairdressers and Barbers
- Demonstrates, sells and recommends hair care products to clients and advises them on hair care.
- Ensures hair products are stored and used appropriately and observes relevant health and safety factors.
- Maintains client records and keeps up-to-date with new products, styles and techniques.
- Collects payment, arranges appointments and cleans and tidies salon.
- Shaves and trims beards and moustaches.
- Combs, brushes, blow-dries or sets wet hair in rollers to style or straighten.
- Cuts and trims hair using scissors, clippers, razor and comb.
- Washes, conditions, bleaches, tints or dyes hair and provides any necessary basic scalp treatments.
- Discusses customer requirements, analyses hair condition and other relevant features to define and advise on hair style.