Dance - Level 3
Start Date: 2nd September 2024
More about the course
This Dance course is a step-up for students who are serious about a career in dance. You will benefit from training in specialist dance studios and state-of-the-art theatres, as well as being taught by industry experts who have worked for the likes of the English National Ballet and English Dance Theatre.
We will provide you with lots of opportunities to showcase your talents, with three major performances a year. We will help you build a strong, multi-disciplinary portfolio and provide you with experience of contemporary, ballet, jazz, tap, commercial, street and lyrical. You will also have the chance to work alongside independent choreographers, artists and performers and learn how to devise your own choreography in group and solo work.
Get In Touch
What can I do with a qualification in Dance?
Actors, Entertainers and Presenters
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries.
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements.
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them.
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines.
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation.
Median Salary£33,513 View more
Powered by EMSI
Dancers and Choreographers
- Demonstrates and directs dance moves, monitors and analyses technique and performance, and determines how improvements can be made.
- Participates in dance performance.
- Attends rehearsals to develop and practice dance routines for performance.
- Builds and maintains stamina, physical strength, agility and general health through fitness exercises and healthy eating.