Automotive Maintenance and Repair - Level 1
Start Date: 2nd September 2024
More about the course
Today's modern vehicles are made up of complex computer systems and advanced technologies. This Automotive Maintenance and Repair course will develop your understanding of the vehicle systems operations and electric vehicle technology used in the automotive industry.
Based in our Automotive Academy, you will work in specialist workshops and practise your skills on the latest Nissan vehicles using Snap-On diagnostics, computerised steering geometry, vehicle ramps and wheel balancing equipment.
You will learn about the automotive service repair industry, including vehicle maintenance, electrical systems, servicing techniques and maintenance tasks.
Get In Touch
What can I do with a qualification in Automotive?
Vehicle technicians, mechanics and electricians
- Repairs and services air conditioning, heating and engine-cooling systems.
- Installs additional electrical amenities such as radio/CD players, aerials.
- Checks condition of electrical/electronic systems and carries out servicing tasks.
- Diagnoses faults in electrical/electronic circuitry, removes faulty components and fits replacements.
- Carries out routine maintenance checks on oil and air filters, brakes and other vehicle parts/systems.
- Reassembles, tests, adjusts and tunes the appropriate parts, systems or entire engine.
- Removes, dismantles, repairs and replaces defective parts and prepares new parts using appropriate tools.
- Visually checks, test drives or uses test equipment to diagnose engine and mechanical faults.
Median Salary£25,953 View more
Powered by EMSI
Vehicle and Parts Salespersons and Advisers
- Orders new supplies, arranges storage and updates stock records.
- Organises delivery of parts and handles payment.
- Obtains parts from store or orders from suppliers.
- Receives orders for parts by phone, email or in person and checks availability on stock record.
- Updates stock record, orders new vehicles from manufacturer, buys in used cars.
- Carries out pre-delivery inspection and formal hand-over of vehicle to customer.
- Negotiates sale price including any ‘trade-in’ and extra accessories, works out finance arrangements and completes sales paperwork.
- Discusses customer.