Music Performance - Level 3
Start Date: 2nd September 2024
More about the course
If you are serious about a career as a performer, this is the course for you. Taught by industry experienced tutors, who have toured the world and performed on Glastonbury's Pyramid stage, this is your opportunity to learn from the best and put a full-time focus on your music career.
You will join a community of like-minded students passionate about music and collaborate with musicians and performers who have a wealth of knowledge from different musical backgrounds. At Newcastle College, we focus on teaching the music that matters to you and allow you to explore popular and contemporary music, developing your theoretical understanding along the way.
During the first academic year you will be enrolled onto a National Foundation Diploma. Once you successfully complete the National Foundation Diploma, you will have the opportunity to progress to the Extended Diploma for year 2.
Get In Touch
What can I do with a qualification in Music?
Actors, Entertainers and Presenters
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries.
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements.
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them.
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines.
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation.
Median Salary£33,513 View more
Powered by EMSI
- Auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.
- Scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect.
- Plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra.
- Tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score.
- Conceives and writes original music.