Information Technology - Level 3
Start Date: 2nd September 2024
More about the course
Write your own future and prepare for a career in digital with this IT course. This two year programme will provide you with a solid foundation in information technology.
With a practical approach and access to state-of-the-art facilities, you will gain hands-on experience in databases, software development, programming, IT Project Management and more.
Alongside the course, industry experience and personal development opportunities will enhance your employability and prepare you for the ever-evolving IT industry.
This course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to pursue diverse IT careers or continue your education at a higher level.
Get In Touch
What can I do with a qualification in Computing?
Information technology and telecommunications directors
- Ensures that new technologies are researched and evaluated in the light of the organisation.
- Prioritises and schedules major IT/telecommunications projects.
- Considers the required IT/telecommunications staffing levels, oversees recruitment and appointment of staff and directs training policy.
- Develops the periodic business plan and operational budget for IT/telecommunications to deliver agreed service levels.
- Directs the implementation within the organisation of IT/telecommunications strategy, infrastructure, procurement, procedures and standards.
- Develops in consultation with other senior management the IT/telecommunications strategy of the organisation.
Median Salary£73,040 View more
Programmers and software development professionals
- Writes operational documentation and provides subsequent support and training for users.
- Plans and maintains database structures.
- Implements and evaluates the software.
- Writes code for specialist programming for computer games, (for example, artificial intelligence, 3D engine development).
- Tests and corrects software programs.
- Develops user interfaces.
- Writes and codes individual programs according to specifications.
- Undertakes feasibility study to design software solutions.
- Examines existing software and determines requirements for new/modified systems in the light of business needs.
Median Salary£46,711 View more
Web design and development professionals
- Activates the 'live' website.
- Tests website interaction and performance prior to going 'live'.
- Writes and publishes content for the website.
- Establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery.
- Designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems.
- Develops the website and applications.
- Designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access.
- Presents design options to the client.
- Liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website.