Travel agents advise travellers upon travel arrangements, make bookings and receive payment for travel arrangements made.
New workers start around £17,231. Normal pay is £21,558 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £36,746.
- Advises on issues of currency, passports, visa requirements, insurance, car hire, vaccinations and other health precautions.
- Informs client of any changes in travel arrangements.
- Handles cash, debit and credit card payment.
- Consults travel time-tables, books travel tickets and accommodation.
- Establishes availability with tour operators and makes bookings.
- Discusses client requirements and shows brochures containing suitable packages.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
This degree will help you to develop your existing skills and knowledge of the industry and learn how to manage a business from a strategic and operational point of view.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 13th September 2021
Location: Rye Hill Campus