Travel agency managers and proprietors
Travel agency managers and proprietors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources and activities of travel agencies and booking offices.
New workers start around £24,871. Normal pay is £37,090 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £66,322.
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.
- Advises on currency and passport/visa regulations and any necessary health precautions needed.
- Makes and confirms travel and accommodation bookings, arranges group holidays, tours and individual itineraries.
- Discusses client.
- Co-ordinates the activities of clerical, secretarial and other staff.
- Plans work schedules and assigns tasks and responsibilities.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
This degree will help you to develop your existing skills and knowledge of the industry and learn how to manage a business from a strategic and operational point of view.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 9th September 2024
Location: Rye Hill Campus