Transport and Distribution Clerks and Assistants
Workers in this unit group perform various clerical functions relating to the transport and distribution of goods and freight.
New workers start around £18,949. Normal pay is £24,870 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £37,322.
- Maintains records regarding the movement and location of freight, containers and staff.
- Obtains customs clearance and processes import and export documentation necessary for the movement of goods between countries.
- Monitors tachograph readings and maintains records of hours worked and distance travelled by drivers.
- Formulates delivery loads, vehicle schedules and routes to be followed by delivery staff.
- Processes customer orders and forwards requisition documentation to storage and distribution personnel.
Skills employers are asking for
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
This degree will help you to develop your existing skills and knowledge of the industry and learn how to manage a business from a strategic and operational point of view.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 12th September 2022
Location: Rye Hill Campus