Teaching assistants assist teachers with their day-to-day classroom work and with routine administrative tasks.
New workers start around £17,538. Normal pay is £20,696 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £28,284.
- Helps with outings and other out-of-classroom activities.
- Makes simple teaching aids and constructs thematic displays of educational material or children.
- Assists children with washing or dressing for outdoor and similar activities.
- Listens to children read, reads to them or tells stories.
- Looks after lesson materials such as paper, pencils and crayons.
- Assists teacher with preparation or clearing up of classroom.
Skills employers are asking for
- Learning Strategies
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
This degree in Children and Young People will open up a range of career opportunities within schools, early years environments, youth work, outreach and working with SEN children.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 13th September 2021
Location: Rye Hill Campus