Restaurant and Catering Establishment Managers and Proprietors
Restaurant and catering establishment managers and proprietors plan, direct and co-ordinate the catering services of restaurants, hotels and large-scale catering services within other organisations.
New workers start around £17,031. Normal pay is £23,563 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £39,593.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements.
- Checks that supplies are properly used and accounted for to prevent wastage and loss and to keep within budget limit.
- Plans and arranges food preparation in collaboration with other staff and organises the provision of waiting or counter staff.
- Verifies that quality of food, beverages and waiting service is as required, that kitchen and dining areas are kept clean and appropriate hygiene standards are maintained in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Purchases or directs the purchasing of supplies and arranges for preparation of accounts.
- Discusses customer.
- Decides on range and quality of meals and beverages to be provided.
- Plans catering services and directs staff.
Skills employers are asking for
- Critical Thinking
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension
- Learning Strategies
This degree will help you to develop your existing skills and knowledge of the industry and learn how to manage a business from a strategic and operational point of view.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 13th September 2021
Location: Rye Hill Campus