Quality control and planning engineers
Quality control and planning engineers plan production schedules, work sequences, and manufacturing and processing procedures to ensure accuracy, quality and reliability.
New workers start around £24,190. Normal pay is £38,616 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £61,821.
- Oversees effective implementation of adopted processes, schedules and procedures.
- Prepares plan of sequence of operations and completion dates for each phase of production or processing.
- Analyses plans, drawings, specifications and safety, quality, accuracy, reliability and contractual requirements.
- Prepares work flow charts for individual departments and compiles detailed instructions on processes, work methods and quality and safety standards for workers.
- Ensures accuracy of machines, jigs, fixtures, gauges and other manufacturing and testing equipment.
- Devises inspection, testing and evaluation methods for bought-in materials, components, semi-finished and finished products.
Skills employers are asking for
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies
FdEng Engineering with Applied Digital Technologies
This brand new Foundation Degree is a unique combination of Engineering and Digital study. You will get the skills you need to play a key engineering role as industry adapts to emerging digital technologies.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 11th September 2023
Location: Rye Hill Campus