Purchasing managers and directors
Purchasing managers and directors (not retail) plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the purchasing functions of industrial, commercial, government organisations and public agencies to ensure cost-effectiveness.
New workers start around £27,832. Normal pay is £50,372 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £94,944.
- Stays abreast of and ensures adherence to relevant legislation regarding tendering and procurement procedures.
- Researches and identifies new products and suppliers.
- Interviews suppliers.
- Arranges for quality checks of incoming goods and ensures suppliers deliver on time.
- Negotiates prices and contracts with suppliers and draws up contract documents.
- Devises purchasing policies, decides on whether orders should be put out to tender and evaluates suppliers.
- Determines what goods, services and equipment need to be sourced.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Learning Strategies
- Active Listening
If you're looking for a degree where you can design your own future, this is the course for you.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 13th September 2021
Location: Rye Hill Campus