Playworkers deliver and facilitate play opportunities for children in a range of formal and informal settings including play groups, play schemes, free play locations, and in pre- and after-school activities.
New workers start around £16,159. Normal pay is £18,795 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £24,891.
- Liaises with parents, carers and colleagues and keeps appropriate records.
- Puts away equipment and cleans premises after use.
- Organises and supervises children.
- Organises and supervises children on excursions.
- Encourages children.
- Provides play areas and prepares materials for a wide range of children.
- Supervises children.
Skills employers are asking for
- Learning Strategies
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Active Learning
This degree in Children and Young People will open up a range of career opportunities within schools, early years environments, youth work, outreach and working with SEN children.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 13th September 2021
Location: Rye Hill Campus