Nursery nurses and assistants
Nursery nurses and assistants care for children from birth up to seven years of age in day or residential nurseries, children’s homes, maternity units and similar establishments.
New workers start around £16,279. Normal pay is £18,977 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £26,657.
- Communicates with parents and colleagues on children.
- Writes reports on children.
- Reads stories, organises counting games to help develop language and number skills.
- Plans and organises games and other activities and supervises children.
- Supervises young children at mealtimes.
- Baths, dresses, prepares feed for and feeds babies, changes babies clothing whenever necessary.
Skills employers are asking for
- Learning Strategies
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
This degree in Children and Young People will open up a range of career opportunities within schools, early years environments, youth work, outreach and working with SEN children.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 11th September 2023
Location: Rye Hill Campus