Managers and directors in retail and wholesale
Retail and wholesale managers and directors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the operations of major retail and wholesale establishments in order to maximise business performance and meet financial goals.
New workers start around £18,789. Normal pay is £27,635 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £58,173.
- Examines quality of merchandise and ensures that effective use is made of advertising and display facilities.
- Authorises payment for supplies received and decides on vending price, discount rates and credit terms.
- Oversees the maintenance of financial and other records and controls security arrangements for the premises.
- Ensures customer complaints and queries regarding sales and service are appropriately handled.
- Ensures that adequate reserves of merchandise are held and that stock keeping is carried out efficiently.
- Liaises with other staff to provide information about merchandise, special promotions etc. to customers.
- Appoints staff, assigns tasks and monitors and reviews staff performance.
Skills employers are asking for
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
If you're looking for a degree where you can design your own future, this is the course for you.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 13th September 2021
Location: Rye Hill Campus