Management consultants and business analysts
Jobholders in this unit group advise industrial, commercial and other establishments on a variety of management and business-related matters to assist in the formulation of financial and business policies in order to maximise growth or improve business performance.
New workers start around £26,830. Normal pay is £44,844 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £75,164.
- Runs workshops, and addresses seminars, conferences and the media to present results of research activity or to express professional views.
- Advises governments, commercial enterprises, organisations and other clients in light of research findings.
- Determines the appropriate method of data collection and research methodology, analyses and interprets information gained and formulates and implements recommendations and solutions.
- Identifies problems concerned with business strategy, policy, organisation, procedures, methods and markets.
- Assesses the functions, objectives and requirements of the organisation seeking advice.
Skills employers are asking for
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Learning Strategies