IT project and programme managers
Jobholders in this unit group manage, coordinate and technically supervise specific IT projects and programmes of a discrete duration and/or budget.
New workers start around £35,435. Normal pay is £55,325 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £89,367.
- Reports on project or programme to senior management and/or client.
- Coordinates and oversees implementation of the project or programme.
- Monitors progress including project/programme budget, timescale and quality.
- Manages third party contributions to the programme or project.
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of the project/programme team.
- Plans the stages of the project or programme, reviews actions and amends plans as necessary.
- Works with client or senior management to establish and clarify the aims, objectives and requirements of the IT project or programme.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Learning
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
- Learning Strategies