Hotel and accommodation managers and proprietors
Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hotels, hostels, lodging homes, holiday camps, holiday flats and chalets, and organise the domestic, catering, and entertainment facilities on passenger ships.
New workers start around £20,307. Normal pay is £29,503 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £53,253.
- Arranges for payment of bills, keeps accounts and ensures adherence to licensing and other statutory regulations.
- Approves and arranges shipboard entertainment and shore trips and liaises with ship.
- Ensures physical comfort of residents or passengers and makes special arrangements for children, the elderly and the infirm if required.
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.
- Analyses demand and decides on type, standard and cost of services to be offered.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Active Learning
- Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
This degree will help you to develop your existing skills and knowledge of the industry and learn how to manage a business from a strategic and operational point of view.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 9th September 2024
Location: Rye Hill Campus