Engineering technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist engineers with the design, development, operation, installation and maintenance of engineering systems and constructions.
New workers start around £22,518. Normal pay is £33,396 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £51,550.
- Visits and advises clients on the use and servicing of mechanical and chemical engineering products and services.
- Inspects completed aircraft maintenance work to certify that it meets standards and the aircraft is ready for operation.
- Diagnoses and detects faults and implements procedures to maintain efficient operation of systems and equipment.
- Prepares estimates of materials, equipment and labour required for engineering projects.
- Sets up equipment, undertakes tests, takes readings, performs calculations and records and interprets data.
- Plans and prepares work and test schedules based on specifications and drawings.
Skills employers are asking for
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Learning Strategies
- Critical Thinking
Have you ever thought about a career in the Energy industry and not known where to start? This Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician apprenticeship is for you.
Length: 3 years
Start Date: Various
Location: Employer Based