Electrical and Electronics Technicians
Electrical and electronics technicians perform a variety of miscellaneous technical support functions to assist with the design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic systems.
New workers start around £23,421. Normal pay is £34,720 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £52,086.
- Visits and advises clients on the use and servicing of electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
- Diagnoses and detects faults and implements procedures to maintain efficient operation of systems and equipment.
- Plans installation methods, checks completed installation for safety and controls or undertakes the initial running of the new electrical or electronic equipment or system.
- Sets up equipment, undertakes tests, takes readings, performs calculations and records and interprets data.
- Plans and prepares work and test schedules based on specifications and drawings.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Learning Strategies
- Active Listening
Are you looking for a stimulating career in an industry that is constantly evolving? Electrical and Electronic Engineers are innovators and problem solvers.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 9th September 2024
Location: Rye Hill Campus