Dental practitioners diagnose dental and oral diseases, injuries and disorders, prescribe and administer treatment, recommend preventative action and, where necessary, refer the patient to a specialist.
New workers start around £31,018. Normal pay is £56,262 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £120,907.
- Prepares and delivers lectures, undertakes research, and conducts and participates in clinical trials.
- Maintains patients.
- Refers patient to specialist, where necessary.
- Educates patients on oral health care.
- Supervises patient.
- Constructs and fits braces, inlays, dentures and other appliances.
- Carries out clinical treatments, restores teeth affected by decay etc., treats gum disease and other disorders.
- Administers local anaesthetics.
- Assesses and recommends treatment options to patients.
- Examines patient.
Skills employers are asking for
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
- Learning Strategies