Dental nurses prepare patients for, and assist with, dental examinations, prepare and sterilise instruments and maintain case records.
New workers start around £17,415. Normal pay is £21,303 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £30,252.
- Maintains records, processes and mounts x-ray films and undertakes reception duties.
- Removes water and saliva from patient.
- Assists with minor treatment, such as preparing materials for fillings.
- Hands required equipment and medication to dentist during examination.
- Prepares and sterilises instruments and follows guidelines to maintain sterile conditions within the surgery.
- Prepares patient for examination.
Skills employers are asking for
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
- Active Learning
- Learning Strategies
- Critical Thinking