Conference and exhibition managers and organisers
Job holders in this unit group manage, organise and coordinate business conferences, exhibitions and similar events.
New workers start around £15,367. Normal pay is £24,784 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £45,556.
- Ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
- Liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event.
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff.
- Allocates exhibition space to exhibitors.
- Develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client.
- Discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Learning
- Learning Strategies
FdA Tourism and Events Management
This degree will help you to develop the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the global tourism and hospitality industry.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 11th September 2023
Location: Rye Hill Campus