Chemical scientists analyse and research physical aspects of chemical structure and change within substances and develop chemical techniques used in the manufacture or modification of natural substances and processed products.
New workers start around £22,869. Normal pay is £35,281 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £54,153.
- Develops procedures for quality control of manufactured products.
- Tests techniques and processes for reliability under a variety of conditions.
- Analyses results and experimental data.
- Conducts experiments to identify chemical composition, energy and chemical changes in natural substances and processed materials.
- Develops experimental procedures, instruments and recording and testing systems.
Skills employers are asking for
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
- Learning Strategies
Applied Science - Level 3 in either: Analytical Forensic Science / Biomedical Science / Physical Science / Environmental Sustainability
On this applied science course, you will have the opportunity to specialise in either Analytical Forensics, Biomedical Science, Physical Science or Environmental Science.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 5th September 2022
Location: Rye Hill Campus