Bakers and Flour Confectioners
Bakers and flour confectioners prepare and bake dough, pastry and cake mixtures and make and finish flour confectionary products by hand.
New workers start around £16,638. Normal pay is £19,658 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £26,319.
- Makes cake decorations, spreads icing, fillings and toppings on products.
- Bakes bread, pastry and cakes.
- Fills and glazes pastry, mixes ingredients for cakes.
- Rolls and cuts pastry, stretches, kneads and moulds dough to form bread, rolls and buns.
- Mixes ingredients using hand or machine to obtain the required consistency.
- Weighs ingredients according to recipe.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies
- Reading Comprehension
- Active Listening
This Professional Patisserie and Confectionery course will help you rise to the top.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 6th September 2021
Location: Rye Hill Campus